May 14, 2016

Shhh!

AverageJoe asks--erv, are you serious about what you write in "It's Saturday?" Have you just dropped in from Mars or what? I'm serious AverageJoe (i.e. I think I'm talking turkey) but I need to warn you that I'm wrong a lot. If you want the absolute perfect truth, listen to Donald or Hillary!!!!!! It appears to me that those two have "massive huge egos" but I don't know for sure. The circus is in town and the two famous trick dogs are performing under the big top center ring. Let the circus begin!

LuckieEddie says--Boom boom boom bang bang bang bang! Life goes one with or without me! Confused Zerrubbabel says--Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your are going to get.  Ya, life can be that way alright.

I remember watching the TV series My Friend Flicka as a kid. I really liked that show. You remember it.  Sure you do.  ANYWAY Ken's dad, Rob, said that maybe Flicka was "local."  If he was, there was nothing you could do about it.  Of course Ken befriended Flicka and life was happy ever after.  I read while eating my oatmeal with a half a banana on it--That a person may wallow in the pit of crap so long until it becomes detestable to him and he cries out for help. They come to their senses like Flica did and figure it out. Does that make an sense to you?

Arlene really likes her beauticians both in AZ and IA (i.e. both very nice to her--super gals). ANYWAY I went in to pay the IA beautician the the other day, I noticed she lost some poundage (i.e. made herself more attractive).  I wanted to say--Looks like you will need some smaller leathers (i.e. her and her husband like to motorcycle--you will the queen of the bike babes in Sturgis this summer).  BUT  I thought about what my friend says to me--erv, you aren't very good around women; you need to check with me before talking to them.  Soooo I hushed up!  Such is life.

I texted my neighbor and he said he must of missed it. My neighbor says he gets about 150 business emails a day and maybe 50 text messages each day (i.e. this puts stars in my eyes)!  Holy cow that's a lot of work going through all those communications. I think I would change me email address or tell some of them to shush up a little. I never want to be that important! Our little golf course has a new program this year--If you pay your membership by a certain date, you get a free membership to give to anyone you want.  I offered it to this neighbor/friend. He said--He doesn't have time to play golf.  I can see why with all those emails and texts!!! The real reason is that he has 3 young daughters and he is a good dad/husband.  He said golf wasn't in his top 20 things he wants to do with his time (i.e. not a highlight of his day).  Good for him. He has his priorities in order (i.e. my opinion).  Golf is very time consuming. TomTerrific says--The wisest among us understand that there are just 52 Saturdays in a year to be present with your kids.  Bingo! And it seems "just like that" they are out of the house. Crazy! OneGoodParent says--Live the moment!

I wish my demons would hush up!  I was sitting in the sun room when I saw this brown thrush on our lawn.  You just don't see them very often (i.e. at least I don't).  It has been about 60 years ago when I shot one with my bb gun. I felt soooo bad. I never told anyone that I did that (i.e. you are the first).  Some demons (i.e. like an evil virus) just don't go away. I thought I forgot about that thought, but no!  Such is life.

The BigGoodOldBoys'PoliticalMachine says--I wish those Donalds and Bernies would hush up!  They are screwing up our GoodOldBoy system which we have had for years. It appears to me (i.e. sooo don't get toooo excited, it's just me talking) that many folks are pretty tired of them using many of us as suckers. Donald is a different Republican brand of candidate (i.e. maybe appears to use more of a direct business approach) while Hillary using more of the typical GoodOldBoy approach (i.e. politically correct approach promising everyone every thing). Is there a change in the air of what people are thinking?  Maybe the political parties might have to change; maybe they don't carry the clout like in years past.  Maybe.  MissPerfect says--Talking just to hear your own voice is foolishness.

Have your parents ever told you when you were kid(s) to hush up or some verbiage similar and eat your food? When I was a kid, Chester and Anna would say--erv, when adults are talking, you need to keep your mouth shut; you are to listen! How the modern culture is sooooo different. At Rookie's parent/teacher conference, they asked Chet and Jessica if Rookie (i.e. grandpa's name for Henry) eats at home--yes he does, he's eats everything we give him--does he eat breakfast at home--yes, a big breakfast; is there a problem--sorta kinda, he eats his lunch and then eats off other kids' plates!

Can you hush up.  I hope soooo 'cause I don't want anyone else to know this.  Our Honda lawnmower is a good machine,  We have had it for 12 years (i.e. starts on the first pull always).  ANYWAY the last few years the motor sorta kinda gallops  What?  It works but just sounds a little different.  The other day I thought I should check the air filter as I haven't for a few years.  It wasn't very dirty but I discovered I had the air filter in backwards. Ouch ouchy!  It appears it doesn't gallop any more.  I just make myself laugh at times; I'm cheap entertainment! Such is life.

Change comes hard for many but it comes. Money usually plays a big part in change it appears to me. I read this in the paper, sooooo it must be right--Death isn't necessarily the inevitable outcome for the dying church, but revitalization requires innovation and openness to dramatic transformation.  It requires welcoming people who don't think, look, sound and behave like you--and sitting next to them, getting to know them and caring about what matters to them.  It requires focusing, on fellowship and community, not necessarily preserving history and a building. OpenMindedClint asks--Do some folks worship a habit instead of what the habit symbolizes? WorldClassLarry says--It takes God a long time to get us to stop thinking that unless everyone sees things exactly as we do, they must be wrong!  KnowItAllSally says--What do you mean, I'm never wrong!

I talked to a professional house stagger the other day. She was telling me that she will tell folks that we will depersonalize your house. It will not be your house but we will make it to be that will help sell your house.  Some folks can't handle this. They can't handle giving up their identity in their house. SusieQ says--Just because you like the feel of your house, it's not necessarily liked by the majority of folks.  You might think you are right but you are not in the majority.  Professional house staggers know what they are doing folks.  Many times, it appears, we have toooooo big of egos to accept this.  Man o man!  Arlene says I don't clean our house very good and it's dirty.  I tell her--I think I do a good job and I think it's clean.  Well, we hired a neat gal to clean our house (i.e. she is very particular and did an excellent job).  She said--erv, it needed  a good cleaning; it was dirty!  There must be a difference between "erv clean" and "Arlene's and the cleaning lady's clean!" She made me laugh! What a hoot! Such is life!

One of our cute little neighbor girls the other night had quite an outfit on (i.e. just crazy but fun looking).  Her mom said--Kids don't care how they look but at some point we change them (i.e. make them worry about what others think of them and their appearance). Their Ant Rooth was standing there as well and said--And when you get to our age, we once again don't really care a whole lot. CadillacJack says--What goes around comes around! Joesixpack says--At a certain age we become more like a person who just ate a piece of rhubarb pie!

Have you ever told your emotions to hush up? GeorgeTheCrook says--When you are fresh off a disappointment, life for a short time time anyway, life looks different.  I played some golf with some buddies recently. They moved the tee time up to 11 as it was windy and the weather prediction was to get very windy. The first 9 I probably played pretty much to my ability in the wind (i.e. always think I should play better but..). The second nine, the wind really picked up (i.e. thought I was plying at the Rolling Hills Country Club at Westbrook, MN--it's always windy there it seems). I didn't play as well as I would have liked (i.e. I was disappointed). I hate to play in a strong wind. GeorgeTheCrook asks--erv, why do you play in the strong wind in you detest it sooooo much?  Easy, I like to be outside and be around my buddies (i.e. and since we have been back, it's been windy about every day). If I look at it from "10,000 feet," it was a good time and a good memory (i.e. I only lost 50 cents). And really folks, does anyone really care! My disappointing play is soooooo unimportant. SusieQ says--You must have an ego erv and must be competitive!  What are you talking about SusieQ!!!!!

Folks, I have and am learning to live in the moment.  I want to be more incognito, stealth, not heard or seen as much.  I just want to live the moment.  Some things really aren't that important to me any more.  Do any of you understand my thinking? Folks who are trying to impress everyone (i.e. folks who are not real folks with good hearts) have always turned me off but now I'm even more intolerant of them. I just won't put up with some folks' crap anymore. I just want to be erv. I pray for wisdom; is this wisdom? Or am I just becoming a crotchety old man? I don't know!!! Or maybe I got into some bad oatmeal!!! I don't know. Such is life.

All external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment of failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. ~ Steve Jobs ~ Saturday question--What is really important to you?

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" " That depends a good deal on where you want to get to." said the Cat. "I don't much care where---said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans; (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments.

P.S. I was recently reminded by a friend that I said Donald was just doing this as something fun to do. Yes I said that;  I'm wrong a lot or maybe he was just doing it for fun and had success and might even end up being President. Maybe! BUT I'm  wrong a lot folks. A LOT! Remember that when reading "It's Saturday." Don't take me tooooo serious; you will be wasting your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment