February 18, 2012

laugh & cry & think

This might make you laugh and cry and think!  Being around these Cunucks down her in the Valley of the Sun (i.e. sun is a lot easier to scoop than snow), I learned how they named Canada.  I understand that there was quite a uproar as to what the country should be called soooooo they put all the letters in a bag and drew letters out to form the name of the country.  The first person put their hand in and drew out C "A", the second person drew N "A" and the third person drew out D "A"!   Did you hear about the Cunuck who read the sign--Drink Canada Dry!  So he went out and tried to drink Canada dry.  He said he couldn't do it!  Such is life.

MissPerfect, I think you are between a rock and a hard place (i.e.between the devil and the deep blue sea)!  Have any of you ever been there?  Now that can make a guy laugh and cry and think alright!  Life seems at times to be a dilemma.  Sometimes it appears we are stymied.  It is not a good feeling.  GeorgeTheCrook says--It only takes one person to cause the group to become toxic (i.e. just one person).  Flipthepancake!  It can just take one person to energize a group toooooo (i.e. like Lin for the Knicks).  Saturday question--Are you the energizing bunny or the toxic waste?  Some folks make others laugh, cry and think. 

We sent gifts for Valentine's Day to Grandpa and Grandmas' Heisman winners.  Oh ya!  We don't know if the gifts make the grand kids laugh, cry or think!  Such is life.

Life is about how you handle Plan B (i.e. and outside influences affect Plan B)!  Joesixpack says--Somebody has to do something, it is just incredibly pathetic that it has to be me. Now that is something to think about, cry about or laugh about.  GeorgeTheCrook says--Wisdom is not repeating all the stupid things we've done in our past (i.e. failure to quite is living in a vice grip).  Ouchy ouchy!  After further review, you did some stupid stuff GeorgeTheCrook!  And if you can't stop repeating those stupid things, you will become a violent person.  AverageJoe says--It's difficult to steer a parked car, soooooo get moving GeorgeTheCrook (i.e. quit your sputtering); Life is not a shot in the dark, it's a process!  Such is life.

If you can read this you have a strong mind, they say !!  7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15."  Now that is an oom papa oom papa mow mow!

An older gal sitting next to me at a concert told me that she made a list of all the good concerts last year so she knows which ones she wanted to go to this year.  I asked if I could see her list.  She said--You could but I can't remember where I put the list!  Now that will make a guy laugh, cry and think.  A older guy I golfed with told me he gets up at 5 every morning--what in the world do you do at 5 every morning--I have a piece of toast, read the paper and then go for a hour walk, come back and have a bowl of cereal and then take a nap!  Now that will make a guy laugh, cry and think!  He said--I'm retired, I can do what ever I want and I don't have to worry what others think!  Such is life in the Valley.

Jan and Gene visited us for a couple of days.  Gene and I played golf one day with Mike (i.e. my ex-business partner and Ron our buddy).  My golf game makes me laugh, cry and think.  Ron and I wanted to hike Camelback Mountain yesterday but there was a fatality there soooo the mountain was closed (i.e. we will try again).  And you think this life is easy down here in the valley!  I was sitting in the car at Frey's Grocery store parking lot waiting for Arlene to get a few groceries.  I put my seat back and was taking a nap.  I noticed that my mouth would come open when I fell to sleep.  It usually doesn't do that.  Just then buddy Jim came buy and tapped on my window.  He's an engineer and I asked him why my mouth came open.  He didn't know.  Now that will make a guy laugh, cry and think! 

My kid sister and I went to the hot tube one night rather late. She asked me if the hot tub is hot as she doesn't like it if the water isn't hot. I said--There is nutten but ol' folks here and they demand that the water is hot (i.e. old folks want every thing hot as they are always cold). Sooooooo we get in and she says--The water is nice and hot (i.e. she is 62 now toooooo folks). Soooooooo the next afternoon she and Arlene go to the pool late and she wants to go for a swim. As she was getting in the water when some old lady says the water is cold; it's 82 degrees and that's cold; it has to be 86 to be warm. My kid sister has a pool in MI and they think 82 is bath water. Soooooo they are leaving the pool and some old lady asked her if the water is hot. She didn't quite know hot to answer her sooooo she said--It's 82. The old lady (i.e. maybe overly ripe) said, that's cold; I'd freeze my ass off at 82; it's got to be 86 for me to go in! Such is live in a 55+ community in the Valley of the Sun! Our hot tub was broken Monday night sooooo after golf and dinner Gene, Jan, Arlene and I went to the main pool and hot tub (i.e. about 9:30). There were two couples in the hot tub but didn't have it activated. I said--should I turn it on. They said -- no. It makes toooooo much noise then we talk loud and everyone can hear us all over. One lady told us the regular pool was warm--88 degrees she said. I said, are you sure, that's pretty hot. She reached between her breast and pulled out a thermometer which was on a string around her neck and said--I have proof. Only in a 55+ community with old folks. The hot tub was hot toooooooo (i.e. 102)! Older folks are horses of their own in a wild west show let me tell ya. I spent most of the morning doing some stuff and then Arlene and I went and did some stuff together. Arlene informed me that I had my shirt on insideout the most of the morning. It was no big deal, others just thought I was being stylish or old. Take your pick. Folks don't really care. We're just common folks doing uncommon stuff! Ya gotta do stuff before you get the message--The future called and your home is ready! Soooooo there isn't much good in bellyaching about a three butt or something. Ya just can't go wrong by being appreciative. To sustain a good attitude, it's good to have a ditchitalmemory of bad stuff just like having a ditchitalcamera. Hanging unto bad memories is very invasive. Remember good memories is a lot better. Such is life.

Does this make you laugh, cry or think?  There aren't many opportunities for cougars here in the 55+ communities (i.e. 'cause there aren't any younger romantic men--they are all old).  I wonder if the gals at the pool look over the guys and wonder if they are available and I wonder if the guys do the same.  You think soooooo?  There has to be single folks here both male and female 'cause of divorce or death.  Maybe those guys are more interested in the net worth or how they cook than how they look at the pool.  Maybe those gals can put up with big bellies if the guy's net worth is ok and he can play cards.  I don't know.  What do you think?  My mentor always say--Things aren't always as they appear; thinks are never as good as they look and never as bad as they look!  MissPerfect says--What happens in the Valley, stays in the Valley; you didn't see nutten!

We go to music concerts sometimes on Thursday nights at the 1st Baptist in Apache Junction (i.e. ya got to go early as old folks go early).  ANYWAY I was looking at the Blackwood Quartet members and wondered if I didn't know they were musicians in their black suits and ties but saw them on the street what would I would think of them.  The first guy I thought would be a salesman at Earndardt Toyota, the second would be the guy on a Harley with high handlebars next to me at the red light at the intersection of Sossaman and Power, the third guy would be a wild animal trainer at the circus and the fourth guy would be a retired CEO of a bowling ball company.  I wonder if they knew my thoughts if that would make them laugh, cry or think! 

Ol'friendCharlieTheSnowbird here in the Valley made me laugh and cry and think alright.  OldCharlieFromMn was at Starbucks recently when he suddenly realized he desperately had to fart.  The music was really, really loud so he timed his fart with the beat of the music.  After a couple of songs he started feeling better.  He finished his coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at him.  And suddenly he remembered he was listening to his ipod!  Ouchy ouchy

ItchieBitchie says--If you live in an average American home, you flush the toilet five times a day, using 18½ gallons of water. This comes to 5.7 billion gallons of clean drinking water literally “down the drain” each day.  Now that's a lot of water folks just to flush the toilet.  And I know some of you are above the average!! Those figures can make a guy laugh and cry and think all right.  Sooooooo I guess at the end of each day, our day is down the drain--soooooo what did we do with it?  Do you constant complain about everything in your life?  Oh brother! A lifelong habit of complaining consumed NegitiveIrene's entire personality. Eventually, there was nothing left of her but a grumble, “going on forever like a machine". It takes a real storm in the average person's life to make him realize how much worrying he has done over the squalls. There are also very positive folks (i.e. adventured inspired); we're not all cut from the same cloth.
Ah-chow! Gegundheit!  Ya, some folks make us laugh, some make us cry and some make us think.  Which one do you think you are?

We drove up to Sedona Wednesday night to connect again with my kid sister and her husband.  We did some hiking and then rode the Pink Jeeps (i.e. I bet some of you folks have rode them).  We had a hoot!  Our driver told us somethings that I didn't know that was quite interesting to me.  That the Southwest, including AZ, 150 years ago was wet and had grass up to the horses' bellies.  Only 150 years ago.  Also that rodents don't pee.  Also did you know that AZ on Valentines Day celebrated it's 100 years of being a state.  100 years ago there was no law in this part of the country.  That's not sooooo long ago folks.  It said in the paper soooooo it must be right that 64% of visitors (i.e. 130,000 annually) come to Red Rock Country seeking some type of spiritual experience. Sedona is believed by some to be a vortex meditation site, places of power in the red rocks that enhance prayer, contemplation, and reflection for people of all faiths. Vortex sites are some of the most visited and impacted sites on the national forest.  Now that could make a guy laugh, cry or think folks!  Such is life.

SusieQ says--Laugh and the world will laugh with you; snore and you sleep alone!

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

laughcrythinkerv

MyFriendJean says--It is always worth while to make others aware of their worth.



1 comment:

  1. UE- you are going to be in trouble! Mom is only 61... Sarah

    ReplyDelete