February 11, 2012

ok

Most days when I come home from one of my activities Arlene asks me how was my day.  My usual remark is--It was ok!  Ok means that--ok.  I'm not for much getting all excited or disappointed sooooo most everything I do is ok.  BUT some days are better than others in the ok category (i.e. it has quite a range).  When I say I really had a good time way beyond the range in the ok category it is 'cuase I had the opportunity to help someone in some way (i.e. now that makes me excited).  Does any of this make any sense to you? 

Ya want to hear some interesting information? Ok!  Remember last year I told you about meeting Kirby Dreyer,  http://www.kirbydreher.com/  the young gal from Canada who played on the Future Tournament (i.e. just below the LPGA)?  When she was a kid she played golf in the summer and hockey in the winter.  Well she qualified through the Qualifying School for the LPGA this year.  She was in the Valley sooooo we and a couple of my buddies had the opportunity to play with her once again.  After her shots we didn't say, that was an ok shot, we said that's a great shot.  Let me tell you her golf game is more than ok!  Oh ya.  And to top it off, she's a real nice gal.  I wish good stuff to happen for her.  Joesixpack says--You can pick your friends but not your relation!  I invited my cousin-in-law to play with us.  This guy is ok.  He really is and he's an animal (i.e. Secretariat #2).  He's 73 and carries his clubs, going to hike the Grand Canyon here soon, down and up all in the same day, and does the 60 mile Breast Cancer Walk.  He's also an avid flower gardener.  And he does it all without one hair every getting out of place (i.e. he looks like a model out of some men's magazine let me tell ya).  Don't let that fool ya, he's one tough dude!  The fourth member of our foursome was BigPete, my pickle ball buddy.  He's ok!  Really he's ok even if he has a pink golf bag, 6 pink golf shirts and hits the ball a ton (i.e. he likes pink he says).  I think he's ok!  Really he's ok.  I can tell! This outing was an ok, fun time let me tell ya.  It's just seems soooooo strange for this athletic, big guy to love the color of pink.  CadillacJack says--Now that is some interesting information that is of little importance let me tell ya!

It's ok to play with a pink ladies gold ball that my buddy, TheCnuckwiththeLincolnTownCar, uses I guess.  It's not for me but he likes it.  Soooooo!  ItchieBitchie says--I have played golf a few times and it's a nice enough game if you like that sort of thing and if you can make up your own rules.  Talk about suggestions or rules (i.e. depends who you are and what you think).  It said in the paper soooooo it must be right that this about heart disease:  You can't pick your parents, you can pick your lifestyle.  The most significant risk factors for heart disease is genetics.  Ouchy ouchy!  My dad died of heart problems at the age of 56.  In the 'who knew?' category, a less well-known way to protect your heart is to regularly flossing your teeth to remove bacteria because bacteria in dental plaque can travel to your heart and cause disease.  MissPerfect says--Maybe those folks who are flossing their teeth in public might be ok after all!  Strong on the maybe MissPerfect (i.e. that's much like a guy playing a pink golf ball)!  I always give my friend a hard time.  I gave him a hard time about his pink ball and he said to me--Up your nose with a garden hose!!!  GovernmentKenFromMN said--Oh cockroach when he missed a putt (i.e. I have heard him say a lot worse)! It's just plain amazing what I learn from these guys.  And I don't have to pay anything for it.  Such is life.

Look at that will ya.  We were at Target; I was waiting for Arlene and just sitting in their little Pizza Hut by the entrance watching folks.  This gal looked at me and smiled.  I smiled back and said--Are you going somewhere special today or coming from work as you are all dressed up (i.e. she was dressed up quite fancy).  She said--no, I dress up to go shopping, run errands, get gas or anything; I just always dress up in public.  I asked her if she was ok as no one does that anymore!  She laughed and told me she was born in 1951 and was just taught that by her mom.  She was of dark skin if that would make a difference. We had a nice talk and we both left happy from the ok experience.  Such is life.

My kid sister, Doris and her husband Larry spent the week with us.  They are ok!  Doris is my favorite younger sister (i.e. the only one I have).  Our Father, Chester, died when Doris was 13 and our Mother Anna died when Doris was 18 sooooooo Doris had no parents at quite a young age.  She has really done better than ok; she has done super.  She is a great, wonderful gal.  We had great parents but they just didn't live long enough!  I still miss them a lot.  ANYWAY We enjoy  Doris and Larrys' company even though they have saddle sores from sittin' on the saddle the wrong way.  But really they are ok!.  It even says they are ok sooooooo they must be ok!  The Earp boys and Doc Holiday won again.  Who would ever guess that Doris and I would run 3 miles early Friday morning togather in AZ at the age of 62 and 66 when we were kids growing up a mile and a fourth south of Roseland, MN.  That experience was better than ok, it was very special to me.

The big group of folks in the picture may look like a Super PAC but they are really only my cousins and their spouses (i.e. Dykema cousins on my Mom's side down here in the Valley).  I'm not a mind reader but but have access to an iPhone voice program which says they are all ok!  We had lunch at Texaz Grill which was ok and the event was ok+!  Part of the good in us and part of the bad in us came from our Dykema mothers.  We had nutten to say about it.  BUT our Moms, Anna, Louise and Berdina were/are very nice ladies (i.e. not just ok but great ladies).  We have been blessed to have them as our Moms.  No question.  

Soooooooo Arlene asked my how my day was at the 16th of the Phoenix Open.  It was ok.  Another experience. that was interesting.  The 16th is really about money.  There are maybe a couple hundred sky boxes that rent to corporations for $45,000 each which entitles them to entertain 34 folks each day (i.e. all free food and drink).  We got to eat the food and it was very good.  Soooo you can imagine after drinking free drinks for hours how the crowd gets.  The age of the crowd was young (i.e. many in their 30s).  Another volunteer said to me--The gals are trolling using their best bait (i.e. ya they were) but most of the folks were very nice to me.  It's one big crazy party atmosphere.  Like I said, an experience.  A talented female bartender serving the free drinks can make up to $1,500 a day in tips.  I asked her what makes a good bartender to get tips like that--cleavage, a lot of cleavage! My job was to check their passes to gain entrance to this certain section of the sky boxes.  I also had to ask the cigar smokes to not smoke in the sky box area if I saw someone (i.e. seemed like a fair number of them smoked cigars--I think that is sorta kinda part of the image maybe).  ANYWAY I tried to have fun with them and they treated my quite nice.  It might make a difference how you treat them.  You think sooooooo! Oh ya, there were a few older guys with their trophy babes who had to act very important but the younger folks were really fun to be around. Abraham Lincoln said--Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Drinking can get ya to Boot Hill folks. Joesixpack asks--Is it ok to drink?  I just happened to be around 4 guys within the last week and they talked about drinking.  All four quite drinking (i.e. a couple in their 20s) 'casue they realized that drinking really was affecting their life in a very negative way.  Now that is self-discipline.  LuckieEddie says--It only takes one person to change your life--you!  My Daddy, Chester, use to tell me--erv, self discipline is the best discipline.  I think these guys have a lot of wisdom.  What do you think?  Yabut when you are young, it all about fun a.k.a. sometimes foolishness.We went to church the Sunday and got there 10 minutes early and there were not 2 seats left together.  Arlene and I had to set separately.  It was packed with old folks.  Is that wisdom do you think--seeking God and His wisdom?  I think soooooo folks.  Saturday question--Are intelligence and wisdom the same?  Of course they aren't.  I know folks who are very smart but aren't very wise (i.e. I think many of those young folks fall into that category at their age--my opinion).  Pastor John told this story:  Gingrich, a pastor, a boy scout were being flown in a small plane.  The pilot told them that the plane was have some sever problems and was going down.  And even worse, there are only three parachutes.  Since I have a young family I will need one.  Soooo he took one and jumped.  Gingrich said, since I'm the smartest guy in the world I deserve one.  Soooo he took one and jumped.  The pastor said, I'm much older than you young man.  You take the last parachute sooo you can live a complete life.  The young boy scout said, we are ok, Gingrich who thinks he is the smartest guy in the world, just took my back pack! 

We stopped in Benson for dinner on our way back from Fort Bowie and Tombstone at the Horse Shoe Cafe on Main Street.  They had a little sign in their place that said--We trade gossip for coffee!  It was an ok place but I have never seen soooooooo many newspaper vending machines in front of one cafe before. It must be an ok place. 

LuckieEddie says-ok ok ok erv, your writing is not Nobel Prize type of stuff soooooo that's enough for one Saturday, wrap it up will ya! 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

okerv

MyFriendJean says--The best thing you can give someone is a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment