June 9, 2012

just going along

Disclaimer--This "It's Saturday"  might be just be tooooo bloody naked for you to read!  That is what my Canadian friends would say.  They like that bloody word alright!  Soooo there you go.

Just eating along.  We are in CO for a long weekend with our kids and grand kids.  Arlene and I had the opportunity to take Erin out for breakfast yesterday.  We told her we would buy her anything she wanted--she wanted a chocolate chip pancake soooooo we bought her a chocolate chip pancake.  Arlene is really good with Erin and Easton.  I just buy them ice cream.  I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream.  It works folks.  Erin said to us--This is a good day, huh!

Just muddling along!  Have you ever had the feeling that you feel something that no one else feels (i.e. personal feeling only to you)?  It's an inter most feeling.  You can't really explain the feeling to someone as they have never experienced your feeling.  You have the feeling--I don't think you can feel what I feel. It's not a "matter-of-factly feeling!  I went up to the ball diamond the other day to watch my young golf buddy pitch.  He's 13 I think.  ANYWAY  I sat by a gal whose son just got back from a tour in Afghanistan.  We had a very nice talk about much stuff.  I asked her if she and her son changed 'cause of this experience.  She said--much.  We concluded that no one understands the emotions and feelings if you have not gone through it.  Such is life.  p.s. She said one of the best gifts you can send an infantryman is socks.  They are always short on socks.

Just rumbling along in life!  MissPerfect says--Mentally handicapped folks when told about the Gospel of Jesus listen more with their hearts than with their minds and are more sensitive to what folks live than what they say.  Body language.  You can say a lot and much and often but saying stuff just doesn't cut the mustard.  Ya gotta walk the talk.  Our words are small but our game is big!  That's the real deal.  DuaneTheWorm is not the real deal folks.  I read about DuaneTheWork in the Book.  This is what is says about DuaneTheWorm--These men are grumblers and faultfinders.' they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.  That is what is says.  Sooooo do you know any DuaneTheWorms? 

Just running along!  Do you ever run off at the mouth?  Do you know anyone else who runs off at the mouth?  Do you pray?  Do you know anyone else who prays?  It appears that God likes it when we run off at the mouth with Him.  Soooooo pray.  LuckieEddie says--Pray always.  I don't understand everything about prayer.  Neither do I about aerospace.  Yet we do not let the lack of knowledge deprive us of its benefits.  Neither should we deprive ourselves of the benefits of prayer.  Soooooo run along and pray folks.  It's good for ya!  Such is life.

Sneaking along!  Why do folks act goofy (i.e. our opinion that they act goofy)?  It appears that many times they copy the actions of their parents, they do it for attention, they like to be different or God only knows.  I wonder if we know that they are goofy when we act goofy?  What do you think?  Joesixpack says--Man-o-man erv, maybe they aren't goofy but you are the goofy one. You think they are goof 'cuse they don't act like you!  You better find out what goofy is first before you think someone is goofy!  You have a point there Joexsixpack. 

Wobbling along!  Joesixpack says--I'm just wobbling along in life.  My greatest fear in life is not that I fail, but that I succeed in something that doesn't really matter.  Ouchy ouchy!  That is why I don't want to be good at mowing the lawn!  Being really good as mowing the lawn really doesn't matter (i.e. my opinion). 

Just Speeding along!  Time goes sooooo fast and before you know it, you're an old man.  Do old men smell different?  My sister thinks soooooo.  She says they have a distinctive oder.  Some research does not support her thinking and others does.  BUT I have been around old men who do have a different oder.  I have been in older men's cars that smell like old men.  Sooooo why the different smell?  Women tend to cover up their old lady smell (i.e. if they have one) with perfume etc.  Maybe old women bathe more often compared to old men. Maybe they change clothes more often than old men too (i.e. God knows they do)!  I don't know.  If you smell, you can't smell yourself sooooo if you are old and have an old man smell, you will never know!  Such is life.

Just chunking along and not realizing what's going on!  LuckieEddie says--I wonder sometimes if my life is deterating slowly and I don't even realize it.  If I don't drive a stake in the ground and remeasure in a year or sooooo, I don't know what direction I'm going (i.e. that is why the doctor keeps track of your blood pressure readings).  It's like getting older and you don't see it in the mirror (i.e. it's a slow process).  Or like a frog who is put in water and the heat is increased.  He won't jump out but just dies when the water boils (i.e. the story is often used as a metaphor for the inability of people to react to significant changes that occur gradually). Why doesn't he jump out anyway?  Dumb frog!  Or is it dumb erv?

Just muddling along!  I asked Big Pete for some advice about pickle ball as I'm planning to play singles in the Iowa Senior Olympic Games (i.e. I have never played singles before).  This is what he emailed me--Singles is very different than doubles... you don't take to the net until your opponent gives you an easy shot... otherwise... STAY BACK... like tennis.  In doubles, get to the net as fast as you can, but your partner must be with you! Don't forget when you are serving in doubles... return shot must be SOFT!!!.. just over net.  That is the shot you must practice along with the dinking game that follows that shot. And of course, the most patient player will win... let your opponent make the mistake... don't you hit it out of bounds or into the net.. even if you give them an easy shot. I think Big Pete is saying--Put yourself in a better position by forcing your opponent to make a poor or less than great shot back to you.  Just muddle along until you have the advantage and then capitalize on it.  Set yourself  up for the next winning shot.  Such is life.

Just whizzing along!  Einstein says--How strange is the lot of us mortals!  Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for that purpose he knows not, though, he sometimes thinks he senses it.  But without deeper refection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people...A man's value to the community depends primarily on how far his feelings, thoughts, and actions are directed toward promoting the good of his fellow.  Such is life.

Just scooting along.  We had the opportunity to take care of Charlie Monday as her day care provider was not working.   Sooooo we had a great time.  Charlie use to say just "no" but now she has added her statement "I can do it myself; I don't need any help"!  They all do it.  Charlie is just scooting along in her 2 year old stage.  Scooting along folks.  Just scooting along.  Just going along! Our little Charlie just goes along! She gets what she wants when she wants it. Now that's a life of Riley folks. She almost has it as good as me. My toys are just bigger and more expensive. Such is life. I did get to do a couple of new experiences.  I ran while pushing Charlie in her BOB stroller.  I also took Chet's bike with the little trailer fastened to the back for a ride with Charlie.  I have never done either of those things before.  It was a hoot!

Just wobbling along. Are you excited about something today?  I think life is sooooooo much more fun when you are excited about something (i.e. something you are doing or looking forward to something you are going to do).  This excitement doesn't have to be over something spectacular, in fact, it can be something small but just makes you excited about life.  ItchieBitchie says--It's a lot more fun to be around JoeExcitment than DebbieDowner!  Think about that.  Do something exciting today (i.e. share you excitment with others).  Others don't need to know about it.  It doesn't have to be earth shaking.  Develop some excitement in your life (i.e. don't take your foot off the gas).  Do it! Or just sit on the couch and eat chips!  It's your decision and decisions have consequences folks.

Just rolling along!  I think Lincoln was a wise man.  What do you think.  I think seeking wisdom makes a great man.  GeorgeTheCrook says--Ours is a world where people don't know what they want and are willing to go through hell to get it. Lincoln's Secretary of War, Edwin Stanton, once was a sworn rival of Lincoln early on.  Lincoln crossed party lines to select Staton.  Lincoln would listen to Staton and trusted his counsel (i.e. now isn't that wisdom--I think so).  Get around good folks and listen to what they have to say.  Truly listen.  I miss my mentor.  He was a wise man (i.e. my opinion).  BUT remember--There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man.~Aristotle~  ~  Rehoboam didn't learn the obvious lesson.  The obvious lesson is “Try not to be a fool!” Have the humility to ask for advice, and the sense to ask the right people for it! My Daddy, Chester, told me--Ask questions.  It's the best and cheapest way to learn.  A very good question is--What do you think?  Another one is--What can I do to help you?

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--There are two kinds of folks in this world; takers and givers.

No comments:

Post a Comment