June 30, 2012

mabye and maybe not

Some of you don't understand why I don't talk much more about God. Some of you don't understand why I talk as much as I do about God. Even if I talked about God 100% or 0%, everyone wouldn't agree with what I said. I know. It's sorta kinda what Pastor Michael said last Sunday--Those who agree with what I say love me and those of you who don't agree with me dislike me.  Some of you are tough cookies alright, you know about everything there is to know.  Soooooo just read this "It's Saturday" and try to see a little of my opinion even if you don't agree!  Try to do it  even if you are "bull headed, stubborn, stiff necked, very opinionated and ornery" folks. 

MurkeyMarvin asks--Is a decision that is wrong better than no decision at all?  Maybe and maybe not.  ItchieBitchie says--Ya gotta make a decision if it is the right decision or not.  You just can't sit there.  Yabut I don't want to make a bad decision sooooo maybe I don't want to make a decision at all.  Maybe I'll let someone else make the decision for me.  Then whatever happens, it's not my fault.  ItchieBitchie, that's one way of looking at it.  MissPerfect says--I hate that when I don't know what to do...sooooo I just do something to get it over with.  A friend tells me to use PPP (i.e. proper prior planning) and your decisions will be better.  Don't make decisions using just your emotions.  Get some knowledge.  Study the situation.  Ask others (i.e. others who know something but not others who know nutten) for their opinion.

Maybe, just maybe we have a battle in our hearts between our spirit and the Holy Spirit sometimes.  Maybe and maybe not.  There was a missionary who went to a tribe of folks telling them about Jesus.  He told the story to the chief in hopes he would accept Jesus and then pass it on to the others of the tribe.  The chief accepted.  The missionary came back sometime later and asked the chief how it was going.  The chief said, it's like a black dog and a white dog fighting in my heart.  The missionary asked the chief which one is winning.  The chief said--the one I feed the most!  Such is life.

This was on the back window of a SUV at Casey's the other day.  Sooooo SusieQ, does Barbie have everything or do you just think that.  MissPerfect says, I think you are Barbie SusieQ and you may think I'm a Barbie.  Sooooo who really is Barbie anyway.  Just maybe you both are Barbies!  What do you think?  A lot of folks seem to think that other Barbies have a lot more stuff than them.  I had quite a day the other day.  I really felt peaceful and joyful.  Especially sooooo.  Why?  I'm not exactly sure but I think it was sooooo 'cause I appreciated my life and stuff that has happened to me.  My life is far from a life that maybe many would want and yet maybe some might want.  But boy have I been blessed.  Unbelievably blessed.  Blessed beyond my comprehension.  Joesixpack says--Life is relative. I learn more and more each day that true joy does not come from what we have but from what we appreciate.  Joesixpack, I think you are right again.  You are soooooo smart!  Such is life.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't make any difference to the general public but it does make a difference to me.  I have type O- blood (i.e. the universal blood).  I give blood about as often as I can.  I think it's the right thing  to do and I'm actually somewhat special.  Only 7% of population has this type and only 1% of the people with this type donate blood.  Sooooo here is something that does make a difference maybe.  The American Red Cross sends me a thank you when I give blood.  Maybe they do that to everyone.  Probably do.  ANYWAY their thank you energizes me to want to give more.  They tell me where my blood was used and how it helps folks.  Sooooo those of  you who ask for money for different reasons, remember to say thank you.  It's just not important for you but for others in the future who want to raise money.  And besides, I think it's the right thing to do.  Don't take someones gift as something you deserve and expect.  This is my opinion folks.

Maybe just maybe DuaneTheWorm is a "flopper"!  A "flopper" is a guy in the NBA who falls over easily trying to put on a show to get a foul on the other guy.  He's a faker, a showman, artificial, game player, etc.  The picture is of my friend Caleb.  I gave Caleb a medallion that has written on the back--Caleb The Champion.  Caleb is a true champion to me.  There is no "flopper" in him.  He doesn't know who is rich, powerful, influential, or important.  He doesn't know how to be a faker. He can't pretend.  He is soooo real and reacts to love and affection.  Caleb has taught me soooo many lessons.  That is one--treat everyone the same.  Thanksamillion my friend Caleb The Champion.

There is "no maybe" here folks.  I had the opportunity to have a good talk with a good hearted guy this week (i.e. by accident, really--I was sitting on a bench waiting my turn to play pickle ball).  I asked him for his advice.  I shared some information about a tough situation.  We just happened to both know it well (i.e. didn't know it until we started sharing).  Through this conversation, I found out how compassion, gracious, and generous this guy and his wife are.  I even like this guy better than I did before. I learned a big lesson from him and also from the events of the evening.  Good lesson for me. It just fell in my lap. 

There is "no maybe" here folks.  It's a slam dunk.  My favorite garden vegetable without a doubt is fresh green beans.  Mysteriously a bag of them showed up on our steps.  Surprise!  It says on the bag--guess who?  I know where they came from.  Thanksamillion neighbor.  And they are already ended!  It made me soooooo happy.  Such is life. 

Maybe and maybe not but AverageJoe says--There are lots of little people who take schadenfreude from your bad news.  Oh ya!  Little people like to see you have trouble.  Big people are sad for you.  There are a lot of big people toooo!  And I suppose there are some in the middle (i.e. depending on what has happened and is happening in their lives).  Saturday question--Are you a big person or a little person.  Are you happy for folks when good things happen to them or are you jealous and mad and unhappy? 

Huh!  I say that sometimes out loud when I'm with Arlene.  She says--What's the "huh" about anyway?  Sometimes I tell her and sometimes I don't.  The huh is about something I'm thinking about that I said or done sometime in my life that I wish I would not have said or done. Some of those "huhs" are from a long time ago and some are more recent.  I just have a big "gab" sometimes and wish I didn't.  I just wish I would not have done some of the stuff that I did.  I could have been much nicer guy than what I was and am.  Huh!  Maybe I'll get better control of my mouth and actions and maybe not!  Huh! I'm trying folks.

Maybe you know what this and maybe not!  Went for breakfast with a couple of friends recently and one of them showed us this thing that he made.  The handle was from our other friend's old cultivator, the tube was from an old Aplington light post and the ends were from a rock box made by his father and Willy K. for his father's tractor.  Soooo you know what it is?  It's his ash urn for his ashes when he's cremated some day.  It just will take a post hole digger and "bingo" burial is done (i.e. cheap and effective).  They were saying that a funeral today cost about $12,000.  The casket and vault cost about 6 grand they told me.  So there you go.  They told me cremation cost about $2,500.  I learned all of this for $14.76 as I bought breakfast and the tip.  That was cheap for all I learned.  But one of the friends doesn't eat breakfast or anything until evening each day.  He did drink a glass of orange juice with us (i.e. now that is unique). He's cheap to take out for breakfast!  PS  UrnFriend, you can further stream line your burial by pre-hiring a pastor to do the graveside service.  When your family is ready, have them drop the urn in the hole, call him (i.e. but their cell phone on speaker) and have the pastor say the ashes to ashes thing and the Lord's Prayer.  Then on the way home, have your family text the pastor and have him text back his bill soooo they can get on their iphone and have your bank issue an electronic check to him.  That aught to do it!

I had the opportunity to help some folks this week (i.e. per their request). I did some calling on their behave to some folks who are knowledgeable and have experience.  I learned a lot. One thing I learned "over and over" is that that they are called "chronics".  Chronics meaning they are constant and reoccurring. A problem can be fixed temporally but it just keeps reoccurring.  It will be back soooooon.  I wonder if we are "chronics".  You think sooooo?  Change is hard folks.  A life style change is even harder.  A "chronic" is really hard to change.  Oh ya!

I saw an acquaintance the other day.  She had a cross necklace on.  That's not a norm for her.  Soooo I said to her--what's the deal with the cross?--I have changed my life and attend church and participate in small groups; my life has really changed erv in the last couple months.  Maybe and maybe not.  It's soooooooo hard to change from a rut!  BUT God can do anything!  Anything He wants.  Go get her God! May I help you God?

Here is a paradox maybe for ya--Jesus when on earth was the most loved and the most hated.  They either loved Him or hated Him.  GeorgeTheCrook says--Can your mouth say both good stuff and bad stuff--can you be both good and bad?  Huh, interested.  You either love Jesus or you don't; you believe in Jesus or you don't; you either believe Jesus is your Savior or you don't.  You can't be 50%-50% (i.e. you can't be both salt water and fresh water).  Soooooo where do you stand on that issue. 

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--The only way to settle a disagreement is on the basis of what is right--not who is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment