October 3, 2015

tantrums tantrums tantrums

Warning: This "It's Saturday" might be hyperbole

Do you have tantrums?  Come on, be honest.  SusieQ, it will be awhile before you leave most of your tantrums behind. Until then, you can expect to deal with outbursts of anger and frustration on a regular basis. You can cut down on the frequency of your tantrums by making sure you get enough sleep and eat well during the day. Remember, when you are hungry and sleep-deprived, it is a meltdown waiting to happen. Exercise helps tooooo. 

I told a friend recently—I like you ‘cause you have all the tools and know how to use them!  Actually this guy is easy to like for me.  I just really like this guy.  I like a lot of folks for a lot of reasons: we are compatible, they intrigue me, I relate to them, they have a certain charisma, they make me laugh, we understand each other, we relate, we enjoy talking about the same stuff, we enjoy doing the same stuff, we enjoy each other's company, they care about me, I have compassion for them, we have the same focus, they are confident successful folks who are humble, they are real folks with good hearts etc.  You get it.  There are others who I prefer not to be around as much for just the opposite reasons a.k.a turn offs.  You get it. Such is life.

Robert (i.e. anybody can be  Robert) says--One of the most common emotions is fear. Psychologists have a term for our reaction to circumstances we perceive as threatening. It is called the "fight or flight" response. We either confront the persons or situations that threaten us in some way, or we flee, seeking to avoid or even escape potential calamity. I read this in a Book soooo it must be right--"...'Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work...is finished'" 

Quoting Randy Johnson who was inducted in baseballs hall of fame—I didn’t now I was going to be half as good as I turned out to be. I wonder sometimes why some folks mature and become such great folks.  A friend told me on the golf course recently--You are who who are around and what you read. That makes sense to me.  I have had the opportunity to have been around many many good folks (i.e. you guys). I just hope osmosis works.

LuckieEddie says--The most important thing is not to be an idiot.

I read this in the paper sooooo it must be right--Of the successful people that you have met, which of the following is the main reason for their success? Two answers were selected far above all of the others: hard work and determination. Hard work was the most common answer, chosen by 40 percent of the people surveyed. But determination was a close second, cited by 38 percent of those responding to the question. It was interesting that these far surpassed other possible success factors, such as knowledge, luck or good fortune, and influential contacts.

Have you ever got a little frisky and  blown your temper like Old Faithful?  Maybe you are confuting, discombobulating, or in a chaos, Saturday question--Where are you at today?

I read this while eating my oatmeal with a half banana on it--All of us eventually find ourselves in harsh situations. The situation may be because we made an obvious error or simply because someone disagrees with our decision. After you have done what you can do about your harsh situation, you then have a very important choice. YOU decide how you will feel and talk about it. You can fret, fuss, cuss, holler, cry, lament, shout, argue, complain, lash out and just get plain nasty about it.
That's your choice. You can see a shadow and hide or...You can joke about it, make people laugh,
see the humor in it, smile wide and bright and leave others awash in your glow. Life is not so much what acts upon us, but how we react to it. Laugh or lament. The choice is ours.

Bloody edge or cutting edge? Crazy! Microsoft Office 2016 has some great problems (i.e. the app was corrupted--ouchy ouchy). It took a Microsoft technology guy two hours to fix my problem yesterrday. Crazy! Now that could almost create a tantrum!

ItchieBitchie says--Resentment is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die from it. It is focused exclusively on self, and because it proceeds from injured pride, it leaves no room for humility. Without humility we cannot approach God, nor can we have any real or meaningful relationship with others. Humility is the only ground in which the spiritual life grows. Such is life.

Have a FUN day my friends unless you have other plans. (-:

erv

MyFriendJean says--We are given enough JOY to live each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment